Top Things I’ve Learned This Week So Far
1. It is incredibly difficult to put my hair in a ponytail. That is, if you’re a hair stylist, you set it in curlers first, use lots of hairspray and go for the “slicked back” look. Much easier when I grab a rubber band and just wing it.
2. Taking action does not require discussion. It’s a free-for-all at the co op these days.
3. Rain has the best Whiskey Smash. But if you go dolled up after a fashion show, it’s as good as disguise and it doesn’t matter how many times you’ve been there before, you’re anonymous.
4. Writers are wonderful company regardless of what strange place you’ve found yourself. Penthouse apartment, I’m looking at you.
5. Sometimes the stories we tell ourselves are true. Three cheers for my metal-dude and his desk change. I saw you leading those interns on Tuesday, and they were rapt. You really did get that promotion I made up for you.
6.Steel cut oats are amazing. Take the time. You will thank yourself.
7.Never underestimate the power of a funny tv show. Or the habits we find ourselves in that make us smile. There’s a reason you keep doing it.
Sort of an incoherent list, but it’ll do for now.